My works seek to explore the dynamic nature of the four elements - fire, earth, water and air, and a combination of two of them - earth and water. To emphasise the number 4 I have used only 4 colours: bright red, dark red, black and grey.
- Fire was inspired by volcanic eruptions in Iceland;
- Earth captures the organic shape and form of inland ranges;
- Earth & Water provides the centre piece to the set and brings together the idea of water carving through the earth;
- Water was inspired by the surge of water in flooding streams; and
- Air attempts to capture the ephemeral qualities of air bubbles.
Viscose felt, polyester satin, nylon net, polyester thread.
Reverse appliqué, cut-work, machine quilting.
Click here to return to the elements quilts.